The Renewable Energy Coordination Group steers the implementation of Renewable Energy Directive 2009/28/EC in the Energy Community. The Group meets generally twice a year in combination with training workshops.
The Renewable Energy Coordination Group was established by the Ministerial Council in 2015 (13th MC conclusions). The group’s predecessor, the Renewable Energy Task Force, was operational from 2009 to 2012.
About the Coordination Group
The task of the Group is to support the Contracting Parties in reaching their 2020 renewable energy targets under the Renewables Directive in the most cost-effective way. The Group serves as a platform for sharing best practices and supporting the identification of the appropriate measures that can be implemented to ensure the creation of conducive investment frameworks for renewable energy projects in the Contracting Parties.
Group members consist of a representative of the ministry dealing with renewable energy or an institution with responsibilities related to renewable energy from each Contracting Party and Observer countries, plus the representatives of the European Commission.
The Group’s work is supported by the donors community.
Work Programme 2021 - 2022
The RECG Work Programme 2021 - 2022 includes 5 main Activities.
- ACTIVITY: SETTING 2030 RENEWABLE ENERGY TARGETS
- ACTIVITY: INTRODUCTION OF MARKET BASED SUPPORT SCHEME
- ACTIVITY: GUARANTEES OF ORIGIN
- ACTIVITY: CITIZENS’ PARTICIPATION IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF RE PROJECTS
- ACTIVITY: HORIZONTAL AND CROSS-CUTTING ISSUES
Document Name Published on03.06.2021
- Secretariat, Discussion Paper DP-02/2021 on implementation of the guarantees of origin system in the Energy Community
- Energy Community Secretariat and AURES II, Renewables cross-border cooperation in the Energy Community
- Energy Community Secretariat and EBRD, Policy Guidelines on competitive selection and support for renewable energy
- Policy Guidelines 05/2015-ECS of the Energy Community Secretariat on reform of the support schemes for promotion of energy from renewable sources